The Quiet Site
Facilities & Services
The Quiet Site is a family run campsite situated in a secluded position amongst the stunning fells that overlook Lake Ullswater.
This is a superbly maintained and very picturesque site, the facilities being housed mainly in old converted farm buildings.
There are many beautiful walks that you can start from right outside the Quiet Site and numerous activities and attractions a very short drive away.
The site is in an ideal position for touring both the North and South Lakes by car.
We are easily accessible from the M6 motorway – Junction 40 and the charming market town of Penrith, both of which are only 7 miles away.
It’s not surprising that 80% of our visitors have stayed with us before!
Facilities on the site include:
- WiFi (not guaranteed on all pitches)
- Well stocked shop
- Large children’s adventure playground set in its own field
- Young children’s playroom adjacent to the bar with playhouse and soft play centre
- Bar open during the day
- Drinks are served most evenings from 7pm (the bar may not be open midweek during low season, please phone for more details
- An extraordinary ‘olde-worlde’ bar housed in an old barn, complete with large open log fire and pool table
- Secure bike store
- Our facilities are found in a modern building. Solar energy is now used to heat the majority of the hot water. Showers (and baths!) are FREE
- Family shower room
- Popular family bathrooms
- Laundry room with washing machine and tumble dryer, iron, etc.
- Dog walk through wild meadow
- Drying Room
- Gas exchange
- Dishwashing sinks with FREE hot water
- Chemical disposal point
- Ample water points around the site
- Small book library
- Electric hook ups for caravans, motorhomes and tents
- Hard standings available
- All pitches are flat and can be pre-booked
- Caravan storage can be arranged – please see the caravan storage site for more details
- Motorhome service point
- Access to microwave, kettle, toaster, fridge and freezer
- BBQ stands
Office open 9am – 6pm every day
OPEN ALL YEAR